Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Noah

I had a blog dedicated to our journey to Kaycee, so I thought I would do the same for Noah. Noah is our son, who is still waiting in China.

Our journey to Noah began way back in December of 2007. Yes, it really did.

I belong to a China adoption yahoo group, where a mass email was sent out about a little boy, who was not quite 2 that had bilateral microtia. It peeked my interest, as that is the same condition as Kaycee's.

I emailed everyone on the list and told them I would be happy to talk with them about this condition as I had a little experience with it.

No responses.

I emailed the agency and told them the same thing.

They were very thankful.

I waited. No emails.

I prayed for this little boy to find his family.

I emailed the agency again. This time with the question of "Has anyone contacted you yet?"

No, was the answer.

I prayed again for this little boy to find his family.

In February, I emailed again. He was still waiting.

I asked God to open the heart of my husband for this little boy. I believed we were his family.

In March, we sent our LOI - asking China if we could adopt this little boy.

The rest as they say is history. It has been a long battle of getting our paperwork done, all of the approvals done, etc. etc....

But here we are, on day 42 of our wait for LOA.

And here is Noah, on day 1206 of waiting for a forever family.

No comments:

Post a Comment