Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 99

Nope, day 99 does not bring good news.

China contacted our agency and asked for more paperwork from our homestudy agency. It is sent now and we still sit and wait.

China is shutdown for a couple of days for a holiday celebration. The earliest we will hear anything is early next week...umm day 103? Ugh...

Saw a post yesterday about an TA being received 58 days after the LOA...If we were to get our LOA on Monday AND EVERYTHING WOULD GO PERFECTLY WITH THE REST OF OUR PAPERWORK...that would put us at July 30th for the TA. Then travel about a month - 6 weeks later...

September...

2 comments:

  1. Valerie,
    I posted on LCC, but wanted to post here, too. I do know how the pain you feel deep inside. We waited soooo long for our Ellie.
    Here is a post about my most discouraging day:
    http://meimeimakesfour.blogspot.com/search?q=mournful

    While we waited, I found 2 things most helpful:
    1. I walked 4 miles everday, except that mournful day I posted about above.
    2. Along with my Bible study, I read Beth Moore's book, Get Out of That Pit.

    Neither of these made the time go by more quickly, but the provided peace while we waited.

    To this day, I don't understand why we had to wait so long. Ellie's been home with us now for 19 months. I know that I trust God that He was preparing us, and He was preparing her.

    I pray you find peace and comfort!
    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know how you are feeling. I saw your post on LCC. We are at day 91. It is so hard to not know when you'll get to travel - and hard to see others get their LOAs so quickly. I'm going to pray hard that we both get our LOAs on Monday!! Blessings, Kelly
    loveinasia.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete