Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 118

Yep, we are a decent way into the 3 digit numbers today. I have a calendar on my laptop where I have counted out the days (10 days at a time) up to day 120. When I first did this, at around day 60, I thought, "I will NEVER get to the 120 day point. " HA!

But, there is something that is going on behind the scenes, that cannot be talked about right now. Something that would be nothing short of a HUGE MIRACLE!!!! Hopefully, I will know more about it in the next couple of days. (If you would like to say a prayer for us, I would ask that you would ask God to let His hand be in this situation and that things would work out the way He has already directed it to.)

So, if the LOA comes next week, I am almost ok with that, however, I will be traveling cross country and will not have access to anything adoption related.

I was asked yesterday about the adoption and I said we were just waiting for paperwork from China. They said, when you get this paperwork, then you can go to China, right? I said no, then I get to wait about another 3 months...at least. Middle of September? Beginning of October? Ha Ha. That is the laughter of a lady going insane...:)

118 days...can you believe it? I heard yesterday other families were getting their LOA's who had been logged in for 80-100 days. It really makes no sense at all. In my mind, I see an office with a stack of files, going down and down until they finally get to mine. The only difference is they go in order of receipt. But apparently, that is not the case. Oh well. What can I do here in a little town in Colorado?

Nothing but sit and wait....and count the days.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Valerie for your encouragement in the LCC yahoo group about the wait. I check your blog often in hopes that you've received your letter. I will pray for the Miracle you mentioned. Blessings, Kelly (waiting day 110 today)

    ReplyDelete